Fixed fee legal services, the way it should be

Looking for free advice?

Our Gold coast lawyers can helpp


Property Settlement

If a marriage or De Facto relationship breaks down and there is property involved, these matters need to be settled within a certain timescale. If you are married, then you only have 12 months from the date your divorce is finalised to start Property Settlement proceedings. Because of this, we recommend starting this before applying for divorce.

The court may make some exceptions if you do need to do a property settlement out of this time. However, you must be able to supply the court with sufficient evidence to support your delay.

Will My Case Go To Court?

Most property settlements can be settled by negotiations between the lawyers on behalf of the parties involved or by mediation. Our dedicated lawyers will fight their hardest to ensure that your case does not need to court as we know this can be an unpleasant experience and also can be rather costly.

Here at Gold Coast Lawyers our solicitors are experienced and specialise in negotiation and will always set out to achieve the best possible financial result for you.

What Will Happen If My Case Has To Go To Court?

In some cases, a settlement cannot be reached through negation and the case may need to be settled in court. If this is the case our lawyers will fight your case before a judge of Federal Magistrate. We understand that this may not be financially viable and that you have other things to worry about than lawyers’ fees. Because of this, we offer our clients the option to pay the fees upon final settlement.

How Do I Get in Touch?

You can call family lawyers Gold Coast today on 00000 for a free initial consultation or send us a message at the bottom of the page and we will call you!

For more information on other types of family law that we can help you with, click here.